FREE - BREEDPLAN WEIGHT RECORDING
It’s FREE with your membership subscription! You just send in your weights, and we do the rest. Genetic information from DNA testing will be incorporated very soon in Single Step Analysis, the biggest breed development investment in a decade!
WHY you should be recording YOUR herd with SDHBS
By comparing with other South Devon records across all herds and all generations:
It EQUIPS you with another tool to interpret what’s ‘under the cover’:
- To select which heifers you should be retaining as suckler replacements
- To find the most promising bull breeders
- To find the best meat producers
It INFORMS your buyer of the particular qualities he is seeking:
- In a terminal sire or in a breeding female
It EXPANDS and STRENGTHENS the national South Devon database which in turn and in time will widen the South Devon gene pool
- Fact – weighing can be done at the same time as other routine cattle handling jobs (eg weaning, TB testing, vaccinating)
- Fact – if you submit weights to the office you will receive a herd report at the end of the month
- Fact – your cattle could qualify to enter the Performance Championships and other Performance classes
- Fact – some buyers will shortlist to purchase cattle with figures, as well as assessing the pedigree and appraising the looks
HOW you should record YOUR herd with SDHBS
Write down and submit to us the animal ID, weigh date, and weight, plus any management notes such as ‘show team’ or ‘sick calf, bottle-fed’, or
Submit electronically via our database using your unique ID and password, or
Download weigh forms, print off, complete and either scan or post back to us
BREEDPLAN RECORDING SHOULD BE IN YOUR TOOLBOX!
Telephone us to get started, and to find out more!